Hunger Action Week on March 24th
Top 2 Highlight:
1. Giving away $5 Starbucks Gift cards and Re-usable bags
2. Learning about everyone from kids to adults that are hungry in the U.S.
Most surprising thing Heard:
1. In the last 4 years the rise of 30% more clients coming in for help from the food banks
2. Donations from food banks are also going down
3. 52% of fourth graders in the U.S. have free and reduced lunch , 70 % of those kids are in the King County
4. Over the past 5 years the number of seniors using the food banks increased to 45%
We need to help stop hunger in our communities by giving people who need food what we can give them. We can help out little by little , just by starting out like what we did which was give out surveys to see how people get their foods and where they get their foods.