PTA/School Board Meeting on Desired Qualities for Superintendent
Top 2 Highlights
- The “Givens” want the superintendent to have ideas, is hard working, culturally competent, honest, people skills, communication skills and good judgement
- Have sympathetic leadership; working to get your results initiative.
The most controversial thing heard:
Be a superintendent who actually knows what they are doing, basically meaning don’t put a face on! Actually be the role model that you need to be.
Most surprising thing heard:
- Have a good education for special education.
- Good emphasis on their education so they can have a good vision on what they want.
Possibilities and/or impacts for Rainier Beach:
Demand high expectations!!!!
Other ideas heard:
- Have more arts education to make kids really shine!!
- Value rigorous teacher arrang