By Christen Blackwell
The most interesting thing heard:
- What this meeting talked about is ways they can improve things about the Rainier Beach Community Center.
What should we prioritize?
- Job training
- Outdoor water feature-city enviorment
- Youth programs esp. youth/adults/teens
- Free programs/ scholarships
- Community Meeting Space
- Helping homeless teens
- services for outreach
- Encouragement in the community
What we should keep doing:
- Childcare/infant/adult groups
- Youth employment
- Pool water Activities
- Supportive staff
- Staff assigned to RB must be engaged and supportive of community
- Welcoming, responsive, connected to community, representative of community
- Be more flexible, active listeners, committed, care about
- Latenight – having more than sports, more arts and crafts!
- Teen space -create opportunities for adults and teens to interact in impactful ways.
- Fun trust