Neighborhood Planning Reception
I went to the South Shore K-8 School and therre was an event which talked about things that we as a community could improve about the Rainier Beach Community!
They had talked about different ways that we could change about the community.
Here was some ideas they had:
Station 1.: Light Rail Station
- Make longer transportation
- No bus on 51st-to airport 3 in renton
- Long term “Free” parking
- Possibly temporary parking in unused lots development
- Having a Daycare option near the Lightrail
- 107 more frequency
- Bring people and organizations together
Station 2.:Rose street
- Support development of immagrant and minority-owned bussiness’s
- Create a sense of place and identity expressing the cultural richness
- Street improvements
- Public art/Plants
I had my friend Mariah interview a policemen her are one her questions
- “What can youth do to help police?”
Response: They could think of the police officers as a family memberand police can be more approachable.
Station 4.: Historic District
- Supporting small business’s by bringing in more customers
- Wanting people to be in a more comfortable enviorment
- Sidewalk improvements (more appeal)
This ideas are GREAT!!!!!! Lets hope we make these good kind of choices!!