Women In the Green Economy
The even that I had went to yesterday talked about Women in the green Economy Alot of colored single mothers that have low income cant really afford “green” homes or foods.
For alot of single mothers they usually just buy the chepeast thing meanig junk food and some healthy food but mostly junk food. This program wants to help and encourage Single Mother’s to eat healthier and be green for themselves and the community.
To Acess Healthy Food:
- Put more healthy foods in low income women’s pockets.
- People are trying to to others understand the meaning of bring “GREEN”!!!! meaning eating healthy, cleaning the community, cassicly making your life and community healthy!
- Fresh fruits and vegetables should be affordable and attainable
- If we cannot afford fruits and vegies we should just grow our own fruits and vegetables.
Green Homes (Priority)
- Women of color ysually cannot afford nice homes/apartments. Even from my own experience living in a sinlge mother’s home. My mother aising 5 kids on her own.
- People should have the right to live in a healthy green matter.
- Lanlords should be meeting single parents “needs”. It should be fair and healthy. Having to live in a home home that has things such as mold, bacteria, bad builts. Is and Un livable and unstable hiome which isnt right. People are paying to live in a safe and sound home. Not one that alows you to be ill.
- Women hold 90% of the full time jobs that earn less than $15,00 per year.
- Jobs for women of color and be very difficult because they do not get paid as much.
- With less pay that cause late bill payments, grocery money for the kids, College funds ect.
- People raise the price for the buses which upsets people especially in th Rainier Beach community. Also for people that do not have cars.
- Bus cuts is a very big impact for people. Even if they think that it does not affect them.
- Its a problem because with bus cuts it does not povide people in the southend who arent close to the transit lightrail to have transportation.
- Needing to have ways for us to get to the lightrail because in this area (Rainier Beach) we dont have easy ways to get there.